* as SVA(Durban)
The Manor House was built by Sir Liege Hullet in 1905. Subsequent to his death the building was subjected to various uses, in the process of which many layers of additions, superfluous to the intrinsic design value of the historic building were added. A change of use to offices was granted in order to preserve the building from ultimate demolition. The stripping away of additions, in which verandahs were filled-in to provide additional accommodation as well as replacing timber glazed screens into verandah arches, was a major undertaking. These elements were required to maximize space utilization for commercial offices, whilst maintaining the building’s historical value. The judicious use of new elements were introduced to ensure the changed usage of the building was commensurate to its new status.